Although spring is traditionally considered the best time to sell a home, today I’m excited to share the top 10 reasons you should consider listing in the next few months before the spring market hits.
10. You will have the opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer in the spring. In the spring, there are more homes available on the market. By listing now, you can sell high and buy low in the spring.
9. You can restrict showings during the holidays. They don’t have to upset your family time.
8. January is when employees start new jobs. Since transfer employees can’t wait until spring to buy, you’ll need to be on the market at the end of the year to capture those buyers.
7. People are looking to buy for tax reasons.
6. People have more time to look for homes. Because people often take off work during the holidays, they will be freer to spend time searching the market than other times of the year.
5. Buyers are more emotional. During the holidays, people become sentimental and may be more likely to pay a higher price.
4. Houses show better when they are decorated for the holidays. Everyone loves seasonal decor, so homes at this time of year are more attractive.
3. Supply will dramatically increase as the spring market ramps up in January. This will lead to less demand, and less demand means less money in your pocket.
2. Serious buyers have fewer options. During fall and winter months, there is less competition on the market. This puts your listing at an advantage.
1. People who look for homes at this time of year are much more serious about buying.
If you have any other questions or would like more information about selling your home this time of year, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.